a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, August 8, 2010

stay at home mostly :>)

A busy time today ,just settled down for the night and it is after 9:00.
We worked all morning cleaning and I did about 7 loads of wash. For some wonderful reason I had energy today. This afternoon I worked on my sewing, finished the binding on my quilt and did the second label. At first I thought to do the label on my sewing machine but after setting it up , time consuming that it is, I stitched it out and the lettering was awful, the D, B,and O did not close at the bottom and the F was awful. Probably something to do with the
tension but I was not in the mood for fixing. Back to the embroidery machine and to stting up another label. More time spent. But that one worked out fine.
The I cut up some fabric for appliqueing my butterflies and for a Redwork design I wanted to do. The fabric for the redwork was a small red print on cream . I have never done Redwork before and did not realize the design was all cross stitch so the red print showed through and I was not pleased with the stabilizer. Now I have a question in to an expert who has done this design as which stabilizer to use. I'll use a plain white for the BG.
After dinner I cut all the jump stitches and removed the excess stabilizer from the label and the redwork. Just as I was finishing my son Jim came in from his dad's so we went out for coffee and he had dinner. We talked about what was happening over there.
That was my full day and I feel that I did get a lot done. And wasted time too on the one label and the SBS redwork but that is the way it goes.
Patti, thanks for you response. I usually try and answer in the comments of this blog so look for it LOL.
Good night folks.....
Take it easy.

No comments: